Example application

Postby Zeilyn » 29 Aug 2013, 19:55

About You

Name: Tommy
Character: Zeilyn, level 90 warrior
Role applied for: Tank
Progress on legendary quest: Got the cloak
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... lyn/simple

Why do you want to join us and how did you know about us?
I'd like to join because you seem like a friendly mature guild that is family friendly. Myself being limited to gaming after 20.00, your guild schedule seems like a nice fit. I got to now the guild by word of mouth from Daimi.

Your schedule fits me nicely, and I relish the opportunity to take on the hardest bosses in WoW. Whenever I play a game, I always try to beat it on the hardest difficulty (if I got the time).

Tell us a bit about you?
I have played since Vanilla, but I left the game from late Cata to early MoP, as I couldn't play WoW, and take care of my job at the same time. I had a very short spell, about two month during Cataclysm, but I found the game awful in that state (tried dragon soul). I played mostly in Vanilla, TBC and first half of WotLK. I'm a computer geek and I recently finished my ph.d. in mathematical modelling and now I can finally begin to enjoy computer games again.

Recent previous guilds and why you left them?
The Chapter - left to become raid leader in Knights of Sparta, ans they wanted to raid spoiler-free, something I like very much. Knights of Sparta - guild split in two, on part moved to horde-side, the other went to Dreamweavers

What interests you in this game and why are you playing it?
I love group play, so I'm looking for guilds that has many members. I'd love to tackle challenge mode as I like challenges, and this feature was one of the main things that lured me back to WoW. I also enjoy raiding, and would love to beat heroic modes as well. I always work hard to improve both my character and my own playing skills, as I always want to deliver the very best.

Do you understand that the following are required?
- A solid computer that is able to play the game with details turned up.
- An connection that doesn't cause you to lag or frequent disconnects.
- Control of your emotions and a guild first attitude.
Yes

Raiding Schedule (invites start 15 minutes before)
- Thursday, 20:30 - 24:00 (10man)
- Sunday, 20:30 - 24:00 (10man)
- Tuesday, 20:30 - 24:00 (optional raid)

Participation in at least 1 weekly raid (on average) is the bare minimum. How many of the above raids do you anticipate to be in, on average?
I can make 2-3 raids per week on average

Experience

Briefly list your WoW raid experience. Only list progress that was done when it was current expansion, including the class you played them with.
- Vanilla: Druid healer, feral dps/tank. Priest healing. Raided up until start of Naxx
- TBC: Druid healer, feral dps/tank, all on the same character (10/25), Raided up until excluding Sunwell. Zeilyn, cleared all 10 mans
- WotLK: Druid healer (10/25 man), Warrior tank (10 man), Priest dps(25 man). Left the game shortly after ICC launched so never cleared it. Also didn't clear the last few bosses in Ulduar.
- Cata: Very limited
- MoP: Cleared all raids on normal mode up till and including ToT. On 6/14 HC SoO
What is your highest results in the Proving Grounds?
Endless 36 as tank, endless 5 as dps

Have you complete any challenge modes on Gold?
8/9 as tank

How do you see your role in raids? What abilities do you use and briefly describe your rotations/priority system.
I like to tank, but can also dps if needed. As a tank, my job is to keep a lookout for my surroundings and quickly react to them. Besides from the obvious (holding threat), it's important that a tank knows all the damaging abilities from the bosses, so the damage mitigation cooldowns are used in timely fashion. It's important that a tank both maintains threat, delivers nice dps output, and help the healers by using damage mitigation.

I go with hit/expertise cap (hard) as it gives me high threat generation. Then I can keep a very high uptime on both shield block and shield barrier. For physical bosses, I use mostly Shield Block (as it also increased dps when glyphed), but for heavy hitting magical encounters, I mostly use shield barrier.

Explain what talents and glyphs you are using and why.
Tier 1 - Double time, more frequent charge which gives me better mobility.
Tier 2 - Second wind, and the proc from 2set Tier 15 bonus makes Impeding victory obsolete. When I dont have that set bonus, I use Impeding victory instead
Tier 3 - Either Piercing Howl (for fights like Tortos to slow turtles) or Disrupting Shout (for fights where interrupts are important
Tier 4 - Using Shockwave for fights where 3 sec stun is useful, but otherwise Dragon Roar for most boss fights
Tier 5 - Using all 3 depending on the fight. All of them are very situational
Tier 6 - Avatar for when lust and dps is very important (then I blow pots, Avatar and all other I've got during lust). For other fights, I usually Blootbath (and then Dragon Roar) and time it with big hits as calculations recommend this is the highest damage increase.

For glyphs, I alternate between 5 glyphs (the top 3 are my default ones):
Heavy Repercussions - to increase my damage output.
Hold the Line - increase my damage output.
Rude Interruption - Increase my damage output when I can frequently interrupt.
Death From Above - when I need higher mobility (I found this one very helpful for last MsV boss)
Unending Rage - Gives me the ability to stack up more rage to mitigate more damage. Found this one helpful for Meagera, as I could stack up 120 rage before each breath then, and pop 2 strong shield barriers.

Please post if applicable a recent WOL report for a raid or a raidbots link. In addition post a screenshot of your UI
I have a raidbots profile here, where you can see I'm in the higher procentile on most fights: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/aggramar/zeilyn/#_
Attachments
zeilynui_small.jpg
zeilynui_small.jpg (298.97 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Return to I want to join Dreamweavers!