Dakkadakka - Hunter [ACCEPTED]

Postby Noxgene » 22 Jan 2014, 16:10

About You

Name: Bo
Character: Dakkadakka
Role applied for: Ranged
Progress on legendary quest: Finished
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... kka/simple

Why do you want to join us and how did you know about us?
Zeilyn, Tommy spotted me on the forums, due the fact I was looking for a guild, and I ended up having a chat with him on TS about the guild and so on. I won't lie, the talk on TS did get a bit to kinky for my liking, but I'm willing to look away from that, as long as Tommy doesn't offer me money again.

Tell us a bit about you?
I’m from Australia, and am currently living Denmark while I study communications and IT. I spend my time crying about being unable to watch AFL or Rugby, as soccer is the sport for little girls. I use hours watching numerous TV series in my free time, and reading. I've spent a great deal of time on WoW, which is why I've found it hard to stay away.

Recent previous guilds and why you left them?
Pervious guild was Insurgency, left due to raider members forcing an Officer to leave, based on his attitude to raiding. Basically the raid group wasn’t performing up to par on a heroic boss, which we already had on farm.

What interests you in this game and why are you playing it?
The story, and mostly raiding and farming. Unless there is a greatly world defining/changing feature added to WoW, that I find is awesome, I tend to ignore PvP (It's broken!).

Do you understand that the following are required?
- A solid computer that is able to play the game with details turned up.
- An connection that doesn't cause you to lag or frequent disconnects.
- Control of your emotions and a guild first attitude.
- Oblige with raid rules.
Got it covered.

Raiding Schedule (invites start 15 minutes before)
- Thursday, 20:30 - 24:00 (10man)
- Sunday, 20:30 - 24:00 (10man)
- Tuesday, 20:30 - 24:00 (optional raid, can be both flex and 10 man)

Participation in at least 1 weekly raid (on average) is the bare minimum. How many of the above raids do you anticipate to be in, on average?
Normally always signed up and ready, if not due to something in real life which I’ll state to an officer.

Experience

Briefly list your WoW raid experience. Only list progress that was done when it was current expansion, including the class you played them with.
- Vanilla: Mage – ZG, MC, BL, Ony, AQ
- TBC: Mage – Kara, ZA, Gruuls, Maggy, SSC, The Eye, Hyjal
- WotLK: DK – Naxx, EoE, OS, Ulduar, ToC and ToGC, Ony, ICC, RS
- Cata: Rogue/Shaman Healer – BoT, ToFW, BD, Firelands, DS
- MoP: Hunter – MSV, HoF, ToES, ToT

What is your highest results in the Proving Grounds?
Haven’t checked it out.

Have you complete any challenge modes on Gold?
No.

How do you see your role in raids? What abilities do you use and briefly describe your rotations/priority system.
To DPS, CC, kiting, and generally do that job I signed up for, or doing what my raid leader tells me to do. As a DPS my priority is to DPS and no over aggro or do anything silly that could cause a wipe.

Single Target:
Hunter’s Mark, Serpent Sting (refreshed with Cobra Shot), Explosive Shot on CD, (Kill Shot when target is below 20%), Black Arrow, Arcane Shot and Cobra Shot and fillers.

AoE:
Multi-Shot, Explosive Trap, Cobra shot for focus.

Pop CD’s when their off cooldown.

Explain in detail what talents and glyphs you are using and why.
Crouch Tiger, Hidden Chimera is one of my survival talents. Gives me a chance to pop disengage more often so I’m at range most of the time and get a quick heal. Also allows me to pop deterrence more often on raid fights with heavy AoE damage.
Intimidation is a 3 second stun, for my pet, allows me to stun a mob really incase anything bad is about to happen. Also allows me time to trap.
Aspect of the Iron Hawk gives me 10% reduced damage; it’s a survival talent, and also gives more breathing room to said healers.
Dire beast is a my DPS/Focus filler, it’s only a little bit better than Fevor, which I can change out if needed on an AoE trash pull, but there is really no need.
A murder of crows is another DPS talent, it’s helpful when someone pop’s Heroism/Time warp and something has to be nuked, like a boss or a Guild Leader.
Glaive toss is the best DPS talent of the bunch, on AoE pulls or fights; it’s a simple matter of positioning for the best strike. Barrage is only useful AoE wise, and Powershot is just to slow.

Please post if applicable a recent WOL report for a raid or a raidbots link. In addition post a screenshot of your UI
You'll have to open the image in another tab. (Big screen)
Noxgene

Re: Dakkadakka - Hunter Ranged DPS

Postby Zeilyn » 22 Jan 2014, 16:56

Hello Bo, and thanks a lot for your application.

Please stay tuned for any questions we might have.

In the meantime, could you elaborate a bit about why you'd like to join us (you only wrote about how you came in touch with us).

Not sure what you mean about kinky, or if you're making a joke on me ? :)
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Noxgene » 22 Jan 2014, 17:10

Zeilyn wrote:Hello Bo, and thanks a lot for your application.

Please stay tuned for any questions we might have.

In the meantime, could you elaborate a bit about why you'd like to join us (you only wrote about how you came in touch with us).

Not sure what you mean about kinky, or if you're making a joke on me ? :)

Purely to make a joke :D

But why I'd like to join is due to the fact that your raid days fit me, and the sound of the raiding without watching a video sounds rather fun as well, I also do believe I can see content, without having to do heroic progress in the guilds I'm used to 5 days a week.
Noxgene

Postby Noesia » 22 Jan 2014, 18:36

Hi Noxgene

Nice humour. Also I'm happy to hear that you think soccer is a sport for little girls.

I can't read from your application if you'd like to do heroic raiding or not :)

Your UI seem's to be a mostly default UI. Any particular reason you don't use anything else?
If I strongly recommend you to use some specific addons, what do you do ?
Noesia
Noesia

Postby Rummers » 22 Jan 2014, 18:57

Just bear in mind he is Australian, they're not like normal people.
Well, I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn't have anything to regret for the rest of their life.
Rummers

Postby Noxgene » 22 Jan 2014, 20:05

Noesia wrote:Hi Noxgene

Nice humour. Also I'm happy to hear that you think soccer is a sport for little girls.

I can't read from your application if you'd like to do heroic raiding or not :)

Your UI seem's to be a mostly default UI. Any particular reason you don't use anything else?
If I strongly recommend you to use some specific addons, what do you do ?

Reason I don't use a Custom UI is because I feel it breaks to often, to much configuration and if you miss an update you're screwed.

Currently DBM, Skada, Prat, Wim, Sexy Map, Auctionator and Titan UI Panel.

I also have long figures and thus able to hit the keys all the way up to 7. The rest are bound to my mouse.

I don't mind Heroic raiding, been through quite a bit of it, the only thing I say is if the mind set if there for it, it has to last for the next 4 hours. A lot of people get burnt out after a difficult mechanic or wipe, hence they lose focus and just play half assed.
Noxgene

Postby Noesia » 23 Jan 2014, 13:29

Sounds great.
Noesia
Noesia

Postby Zeilyn » 23 Jan 2014, 14:18

Hi Bo,

You'll be accepted into our expanding 25 man roster as raider prospect, and a bit later as trial once your gear is strong enough (I think we talked about that on TS didn't we? )

Welcome to the guild.
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Noxgene » 23 Jan 2014, 16:23

Zeilyn wrote:Hi Bo,

You'll be accepted into our expanding 25 man roster as raider prospect, and a bit later as trial once your gear is strong enough (I think we talked about that on TS didn't we? )

Welcome to the guild.

We did, after you offered me money, which I had no problem with (The Trial, not the money ofc).

And we also discussed I'd be moving once I had cash in hand to do so, which would be the 31st of this month.
Noxgene

Postby Zeilyn » 23 Jan 2014, 16:29

I'll be expecting some kinky... errr SERIOUS services for that cash that went under the table ;)

See you on the 31th if not before.
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Next

Return to I want to join Dreamweavers!