Sely - Holy Paladin [DECLINED]

Apply to join the guild or our raid team

Sely - Holy Paladin [DECLINED]

Postby Sely » 27 Jan 2014, 23:11

hi my name is daniel wolfe i am 23 years of age and have played WoW for around 4 years.u

Name: Daniel Wolfe
Character: Sely Holy pPaladin
Role applied for: Healer
Progress on legendary quest: 3000 VP but nearly done
Armory Link:dont appear yet as just moved server

Why do you want to join us and how did you know about us?
[ii like the sound of the guild as when there is young kids playing in the same guild and on voice coms certain things that could/would be said they could take offence even tho it wouldnt be intended that way that is why i would like to join your guild as its a mature raiding guild.[/i]

Tell us a bit about you?
well i used to be in the army in the RLC as a driver but left to look after my son who is 17 months old and called jaydan.
i love playing rugby as i used to have a proffetional scoularship for a team called hull KR

Recent previous guilds and why you left them?
BAYLIFE they was a great group of people and had some great times but the guild wasnt meeting what i was looking for therfore i went lone ranger for a while and decided to move server

What interests you in this game and why are you playing it?
my original account was a rogue but due to me going inactive as me and the partner had a child i ended up getting hacked and lost my account hence why i am now a healer class.

i love raiding at every chance i get as its a challange and i never like to loose/be beaten at anything.

my gaol has been to get to full HS on SoO but i am currently on normal progress and i already no the tacs for garrosh but wiped due to a ranged not doing they job and getting wiped by the iron star with garrosh having 15mill HP :(

Do you understand that the following are required?
- A solid computer that is able to play the game with details turned up.
- An connection that doesn't cause you to lag or frequent disconnects.
- Control of your emotions and a guild first attitude.
- Oblige with raid rules.
yup corse i do :)

Raiding Schedule (invites start 15 minutes before)
- Thursday, 20:30 - 24:00 (10man)
- Sunday, 20:30 - 24:00 (10man)
- Tuesday, 20:30 - 24:00 (optional raid, can be both flex and 10 man)

Participation in at least 1 weekly raid (on average) is the bare minimum. How many of the above raids do you anticipate to be in, on average?
2 of them days Thursday and Tuesdays

8/14 normal at the moment but want more

Briefly list your WoW raid experience. Only list progress that was done when it was current expansion, including the class you played them with.
- Vanilla: Rogue
- TBC: Rogue
- WotLK: Rogue
- Cata: rogue but went inactive due to my son being born then was hacked
- MoP: Paladin as support gave me it at lvl 80 as a good will gesture for what happened to my rogue

What is your highest results in the Proving Grounds?
Silver and then went into a raid so havnt been back

Have you complete any challenge modes on Gold?
no not even done one yet

How do you see your role in raids? What abilities do you use and briefly describe your rotations/priority system.
healer and my main role is to keep the tank alive regardless then its DPS i like to move my beacon of light around alot when its needed to and in AOE healing i just go razy with CD's and my HPS goes throught the roof

Explain in detail what talents and glyphs you are using and why.
speed of light talent to get out of shit that you dont want to be stood in
fist of justice for CC when needed
Eternal flame as its a great HoT
Divine Purpouse for the proc so i can put Eternal flame on every1 so take is constantly getting heals from the Flames
and lights hammer as its a great AOE healing spell

Please post if applicable a recent WOL report for a raid or a raidbots link. In addition post a screenshot of your UI
Dont have a clue how to do them am not good with computers
Sely

Re: Holy Paladin

Postby Zeilyn » 28 Jan 2014, 00:17

Hello Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your application. Give us a few days to review it, and please stay tuned for any questions we might have.
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Zeilyn » 28 Jan 2014, 16:37

Hi Daniel,

Got a few clarifying questions :)

The legendary cloak quest is far behind, but you've already explained why so that's good. But we need you to work in that if a trial is granted.

Our guild raiding style is blind raiding, or spoiler-free raiding if you will. How do you think this style would suit you ?

You mention that your goal is to get full heroic clear on SoO. I should add here, that since we are a guild that only raids 2-3 times per week, it is unlikely that we will ever fully clear content on heroic modes while it's current (and future mythic modes).

So I'd like to ask, are you sure you would fit into our more relaxed schedule as opposed to a say 4 days/week raid guild that might clear everything on heroic mode?

I recall you mentioned that you could not raid weekends due to family time etc. That's fine, as we only have a minimum raid attendance requirement of 1 raid per week. But, will you ever be able to come on Sundays raids ? Reason I ask is this is where all the farm bosses / shinies are :)

Final question. Have you experience with heroic modes before? If yes, when and where? If no, how would you find heroic modes and handle the many many wipes / steep learning curve?
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Xol » 28 Jan 2014, 21:13

Hello Daniel,

I'm the healer role leader so I'll be judging your healing performance in any raids you attend. I have a few short questions before we put you on trial.

1. When you say "in AOE healing i just go razy with CD's and my HPS goes throught the roof'' You must mean 'controlled' crazy. It is important that we, as a healing group, know when to pop our CD's and not overlap too many of them. Also, HPS is not something we aim for. We are a teamwork oriented group and we vallue 'people staying alive' over 'ZOMG sooooo much heeeeeeps'. So my question is, could you give me a more insightfull discription of the way you heal. Preferably I want to see you differentiate between tank healing, raid healing, 10 man, 25 man and herioc. Sine they all need a different healing style, especially on a paladin.

2. What is your actual healing experience, dungeon per dungeon and boss per boss. Any current stuff? Flex, LFR, HC?

3. Could you redo your answer in 'Why do you want to join Dreamweavers' as it looks like it's copied from somewere else and it's very poorly phrased. I mean, what are you trying to say about young kids and maturity?

4. Could you log out in your healing gear so we can see your actual gear.

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

Xol.
Xol

Postby Zeilyn » 03 Feb 2014, 10:51

No word, declined
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Return to I want to join Dreamweavers!