Nikga - Balance/Feral druid [WITHDRAWN*]

Apply to join the guild or our raid team

Nikga - Balance/Feral druid [WITHDRAWN*]

Postby Nikga » 07 Feb 2014, 23:03

I accidentally made an application on the main site, so I'll copy-paste what I wrote on there.
Edit: I added the missing things.
Edit2: I just wanted to add that I'm currently torn at if I want to be feral or boom, but I'll write about boom for now unless you want me to explain my feral rotation as well.

Race and Class
Night Elf Druid
Role: DPS
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... kga/simple
Legendary Quest progress: Week 2 of 3000 test of valor

Your name
Julia D.

Country
Norway

Why do you want to join Dreamweavers and how did you get to know about us?

I talked to Zeilyn while being on my bank alt and got interested into joining a raid guild after being inactive from raiding for so long. I really want to experience raiding again, especially for the up-coming expansion.
Tell us a bit about yourself

I actively raided at the middle of TBC with pugs and began to do hardcore raiding in Wotlk as resto. Once Cata hit, I unfortunally didn't have any raid guild, so I quit the game, returned a year later at the end of the expansion. Same happened in Pandaria, I quit after 2 weeks of the game's release, and now I'm back again after another year of inactive playing.

Previous guilds (recently) and why you left them

Team Ragnarok (Wotlk) - disbanded so I moved to another guild, LUV aka Loyalty Unity Victory (Wotlk) - Eventually left because I didn't have time to play.

What interests you in the game

At the moment I really enjoy the feeling of raiding, but it's rather boring doing it in lfr due to immaturity and the ammount of wipes all the time. None the less I like doing other things such as farming, achivement hunting and occasionally PvP when I feel like it.

Other stuff you would like us to know

Since I have just returned (Playing casually for 2 months now to learn the game again) my gear isn't too great. I got feral gear which is at 520 and balance which is at 490, I want to focus on being balance though, as I enjoy that spec more at the moment. I'm still trying to get better gear by going through SoO and ToT LFR.

Do you understand that the following are required?
- A solid computer that is able to play the game with details turned up.
- An connection that doesn't cause you to lag or frequent disconnects.
- Control of your emotions and a guild first attitude.
- Oblige with raid rules.
Yes I do.

Raiding Schedule (invites start 15 minutes before)
- Thursday, 20:30 - 24:00 (10man)
- Sunday, 20:30 - 24:00 (10man)
- Tuesday, 20:30 - 24:00 (optional raid, can be both flex and 10 man)

Participation in at least 1 weekly raid (on average) is the bare minimum. How many of the above raids do you anticipate to be in, on average?
I can participate in all of them if needed.

Experience

Briefly list your WoW raid experience. Only list progress that was done when it was current expansion, including the class you played them with.
- Vanilla: (Didn't play)
- TBC: Druid tank, Only with pugs
- WotLK: Druid healer 25 man, played fully through naxx, half of ulduar (hardmode) 25 man and half of icc.
- Cata: (Haven't been able to raid)
- MoP: Not been able to clear anything with a proper raid group, only LFR because I couldn't find a raiding guild that suited me at the time

How do you see your role in raids? What abilities do you use and briefly describe your rotations/priority system.
Right now I like to be balance because of the spell caster idea, I never got the chance to do it much in Tbc, Wotlk or Cata. Currently I have grown tired of being feral DPS, but I can still play it and I know how the rotation work.

As DPS I know that it's important to master my rotation, but I also have to watch out for things that certain bosses throw at me. Right now as balance it's important for me to keep up my dots and of course get to eclipse to use either Wrath or Starfire to get the most out of my dps. When it's about AOE I usually plant x3 wild mushroom, detonate them and then continue using Astral Storm/Hurricane and Starfall when it's not on CD.

Talking about gems, I often chose to get haste and crit + spirit. With enchants... I can't really say much about that yet, because I don't have descent enough gear to enchant yet. I normally like to enchant/gem gear that is at 502 and higher ilvl. (As you might notice from my armoy too... I appear to have healer gems, but that is because I tried to heal back at the beginning of the expansion and I didn't like it one bit because it was too confusing for me compared to how it was back in Wotlk)

Explain what talents and glyphs you are using and why.
Tier 1 - Feline Swiftness - Like I can move faster away from stuff
Tier 2 - Ysera's Gift - 5% + heal is always nice to have at certain points, + it seems more beneficial for me than Renewal and Cenarion Ward
Tier 3 - Typhoon - Incase I need to use it at certain fights where knocking back the enemy is actually a good thing to do.
Tier 4 - Incarnation - Gives me a nice 25% boost in nature/arcane dmg when I'm in eclipse, normally using that whenever hero is popped.
Tier 5 - Ursol's Vortex - It can be useful at certain points, but I'm considering getting Mighty Bash for a free stun.
Tier 6 - Heart of the Wild - The most common used out of all of the 3, it gives a nice boost to spell dmg and hit.

For glyphs, These are the ones I normally use:
Glyph of Rebirth - Brings players back to life with 100% hp
Stampeding Roar - Increasing the radius of the roar, which can be very handy at certain times.
Glyph of Innervate - might change it to Stampede instead because I normally don't go oom as a boomkin unless I offheal, but at least it gives me some mana back because I often use it on people who need mana more than me.

Please post if applicable a recent WOL report for a raid or a raidbots link. In addition post a screenshot of your UI
I haven't been able to properly raid yet, so I can't say anything about WOL, but I do have a screenshot of my UI
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (213.58 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
Nikga

Re: Nikga - Balance/Feral druid

Postby Nioliv » 08 Feb 2014, 16:23

Hello Nikga, im writing a short reply here since i play balance druid myself.

I will start with some critics about your gear/gear choice and i will then point out some tips regarding balance.

To start with you use alot of ilvl 463 gear this late in to the expansion while you can farm full ilvl 496 on Isle in no time just by opening boxes and killing some rares without spending alot of time on it.

When you reforge, gem and enchant your gear the best secondary stat after hitcap for boomkin especially at your gear levels is hands down crit. With your ger you should focus on getting hitcap, requires 5100 hit-rating or something close to it after that you should reforge and regem into as much crit as possible.

When you get some better gear you can start worrying about getting the haste-caps 5 273 and 10 289.

Regards Robert
Nioliv

Postby Noesia » 08 Feb 2014, 21:37

Hi Julia

Thanks for your application.

I have a few questions.

Have you read the raid rules and guild rules thoroughly?

We have very distinct meanings of farm raiders and progress raiders, and we require alot of our progress raiders as we strive to get heroic bosses down.

Which one are you?

IF you're applying for progress raider, I have the following, otherwise just ignore it:
How would you will handle these following hypothetical scenarios:
After 30 wipes on a boss, I tell you do X instead of Z for the 5th time.
We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. I give you constructive criticism and advice how to improve yourself, what do you do with it?
We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. Raid leader swaps you out for a stronger DPS. Is that fine with you?

If you're performing below average, and you want to be on progress raid team, I expect you to get your stuff together and improve your game.

Still interested? :)
Noesia
Noesia

Postby Nikga » 09 Feb 2014, 17:23

(For some reason this site won't let me copy quotes or use any of the html codes plastered over the comment box, so I'll be doing this instead)

Quote:

Hello Nikga, im writing a short reply here since i play balance druid myself.

I will start with some critics about your gear/gear choice and i will then point out some tips regarding balance.

To start with you use alot of ilvl 463 gear this late in to the expansion while you can farm full ilvl 496 on Isle in no time just by opening boxes and killing some rares without spending alot of time on it.

When you reforge, gem and enchant your gear the best secondary stat after hitcap for boomkin especially at your gear levels is hands down crit. With your ger you should focus on getting hitcap, requires 5100 hit-rating or something close to it after that you should reforge and regem into as much crit as possible.

When you get some better gear you can start worrying about getting the haste-caps 5 273 and 10 289.

Answer:

Yes I know that, but unfortunally I have already opened all of the boxes on the isle when I returned to wow and was still main specced feral, but I will try to make an effort into getting 496 balance gear on a more live server where I can easily send some timeless gear from another character.

Yeah, I noticed that my hit cap wasn't great, so I'm definately going to try to cap that out when I gear up. Thank you for giving me the cap number too, I really appriciate it!
And thanks for mentioning about which was better between crit or haste, because I read on icy-veins that haste was good, and then on forums some said that crit was good, so I got a little confused... so thanks for that heads up :)

Quote:

Hi Julia

Thanks for your application.

I have a few questions.

Have you read the raid rules and guild rules thoroughly?

We have very distinct meanings of farm raiders and progress raiders, and we require alot of our progress raiders as we strive to get heroic bosses down.

Which one are you?

IF you're applying for progress raider, I have the following, otherwise just ignore it:
After 30 wipes on a boss, I tell you do X instead of Z for the 5th time.
We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. I give you constructive criticism and advice how to improve yourself, what do you do with it?
We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. Raid leader swaps you out for a stronger DPS. Is that fine with you?

If you're performing below average, and you want to be on progress raid team, I expect you to get your stuff together and improve your game.

Still interested?

Answer:

"Have you read the raid rules and guild rules thoroughly?" Yes I have, I read it through a couple of times just in case. I'm sure to read them again if I forget something important.

I would of course like to be in the progression raid team, I have had experience with it before back in Wotlk whenever we were trying to do hardmodes, so I know that "shouting" and - what can you really call it - "strictness?" is nessecary when something is done wrong, etc.

"After 30 wipes on a boss, I tell you do X instead of Z for the 5th time."
I got to get my head in the game and really focus this time. I know that if I screw up this time, for the 6th time, it's going to make the whole night more frustrating for me and everyone in the raid.

"We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. I give you constructive criticism and advice how to improve yourself, what do you do with it?"
I'll strive to become better and learn from what you're telling me to do like I can get used to this new setup/rotation/etc.

I'll accept getting swapped out, because it would make me feel guilty that I would be the one preson who would bring the whole team down + I would like to see the progression team get further even if I wasn't in it. I'll eventually see the light of action one day.

You gotta do what you gotta do. As said earlier. I'll try my best to improve and get my head in the game.
Nikga

Postby Noesia » 09 Feb 2014, 21:17

Hi Julia

Thanks for replying.

Let's have a chat ingame :)
Noesia
Noesia

Return to I want to join Dreamweavers!