Thelir- Elemental Shaman [ACCEPTED]

Postby Thelir » 11 Feb 2014, 00:57

About You

Name: Dylan
Character: Thelir, level 90 Shaman
Role applied for: Ranged
Progress on legendary quest: Only done sigils. New Character
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... lir/simple

Why do you want to join us and how did you know about us?
I want to join this guild as it seems like a friendly guild that is willing to put time and effort into raiding which is what I am looking for. You have good progression and that is what I need as a player to keep me playing the game. I'd like to achieve a few things before Warlords of Draenor is released and this guild can help me achieve them things and after, it'll be nice to look onto the new expansion with a guild I can have the utter most confidence in.

The raid schedule is perfect for me as it doesn't interfere with any real life activities. This gives me the best chance to have a chance to tackle the most challenging bosses World of Warcraft has to offer. I will always try my hardest and you guys seem like you appreciate the effort and that is always a great thing to have in a guild.

Tell us a bit about you?
I've been playing since The Burning Crusade but my raiding came at a second hand point of view. My parents raided and as I was quite young, I didn't fully understand what I was needed to do. However, in wotlk I took off as a raider and enjoyed a very successful 2 years playing this game. I started off Cataclysm with a face full of smiles. Things got killed but Dragon Soul was released and I felt like it was time I took a break. I came back just before Throne of Thunder was released and have enjoyed World of Warcraft ever since. I'm extremely happy about the new expansion and can't wait to start playing.

Recent previous guilds and why you left them?
Firstly, I was in Origin. The people in Origin are great and are extremely friendly however, I wasn't in the first team and my raiding went sour so I looked for another option. I turned to Casual. Friendly guild who are 13/14 25 man, yet I feel like I won't achieve my full potential with Casual and I want to become the kind of raider I was back in wotlk.

What interests you in this game and why are you playing it?
The lore interests me the most. Over the years, the story has evolved into something great (not always) and the story is what got me hooked with the guild. I enjoy raiding too. The feeling of downing a boss that is difficult is something like no other game has given me. That has always stuck with me throughout the years of playing.

Do you understand that the following are required?
- A solid computer that is able to play the game with details turned up.
- An connection that doesn't cause you to lag or frequent disconnects.
- Control of your emotions and a guild first attitude.
- Oblige with raid rules.
I understand.

Raiding Schedule (invites start 15 minutes before)
- Thursday, 20:30 - 24:00 (25man)
- Sunday, 20:30 - 24:00 (25man)
- Tuesday, 20:30 - 24:00 (optional raid, can be flex, 10 man or 25 man)

Participation in at least 1 weekly raid (on average) is the bare minimum. How many of the above raids do you anticipate to be in, on average?
I can participate 2-3 times a week.

Experience

Briefly list your WoW raid experience. Only list progress that was done when it was current expansion, including the class you played them with.
- Vanilla: Didn't play, however I had a brief spell on a Vanilla Private server and we eventually killed Ragnaros and made good progression into BWL before I wanted to move on. Played a prot warrior.
- TBC: Again, with The Burning Crusade, I had spells on various private servers. I managed to clear t4/t5 Mount Hyjal, Zul'Aman and Black Temple. We however, were never good enough to kill Kalecgos in Sunwell. Played a fury warrior
- WotLK: Naxx cleared 10/25. Came close to The Undying/The Immortal title multiple times. People always died on Kel'Thuzad, even in my guild. EoE cleared 10/25. OS cleared 10/25 3 Drakes cleared 10/25. Ulduar Hardmodes 10 cleared Ulduar Hardmodes 25 cleared (We eventually got Yogg'Saron half way through ToTc) Totc 10/25 cleared. Totgc 10 cleared 45 attempts Totgc 25 man 4/5. Icc 10/25 cleared Icc 10 hc 11/12 Icc 25 hc 7/12. Rs 10/25 man cleared Rs 10/25 man hc cleared.
- Cata: Tier 11 cleared, Firelands cleared, 4/7 hc. Stopped playing in dragon soul.
- MoP: MSV Normal/Hc cleared Toes cleared 3/4 hc HoF cleared. ToT cleared, SoO 13/14

What is your highest results in the Proving Grounds?
Got to gold on a friends warrior. Haven't tried it with my Shaman yet.

Have you complete any challenge modes on Gold?
Temple of the Jade Serpent - Silver

How do you see your role in raids? What abilities do you use and briefly describe your rotations/priority system.
I like to Dps, as I was a melee/tank for a long time, I felt like it was time for a change. My Rotation starts off with Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Elemental Blast. Earth Shock when it procs and Lava burst whenever possible. Lightning bolt if nothing is of use. For a burst, I pop Fire elemental, Hero (obviously) Ascendance and Spiritwalkers grace so I can move and spam Lava Burst at the same time. This brings out huge numbers and I have a nice burst. Obviously, Hit cap is needed which is 15% after this, a full stack of Mastery is needed.

Explain in detail what talents and glyphs you are using and why.
Glyph of fire elemental is great as the more fire elementals I can spawn, the more damage I do as a whole.
Glyph of Chain lightning is great for big packs of mobs which are a regular occurrence in SoO.
Tier 1 - Astral Shift due to damage reduction and this can come in handy when I'm in a situation. This, with a health pot/Health stone should keep me alive long enough for a heal to be thrown my way.
Tier 2 - Windwalk Totem due to it being handy on certain boss fights that require it to be used. Haven't really came across one that is it needs to be used, but could be swapped out for Earthgrab totem for extra CC.
Tier 3 - Totemic Persistence so I can gain mana back on a totem before it runs out. When my fire elemental is at 1 second, I can use this to gain mana back. Mana isnt really ever a problem but it does come in handy as I constantly have maximum mana.
Tier 4 - Echo of the Elements gives a mega dps increase with alot of Mastery. This with 80%+ Mastery gives out huge numbers.
Tier 5 - Ancestral Guidance gives healing out which is handy for raid survival
Tier 6 - Elemental Blast can give me excellent boosts if I'm lucky. The extra 3000+ Mastery real can make a huge difference

Please post if applicable a recent WOL report for a raid or a raidbots link. In addition post a screenshot of your UI
http://d.pr/i/IBNa Here is my UI.
Thelir

Re: Elemental Shaman

Postby Noesia » 11 Feb 2014, 10:22

Hi Dylan

Thanks for your application

I have a few questions.

Have you read the raid rules and guild rules thoroughly?
Specifically that we're a family guild, most of the members are 30+, but we have players ranging from 15 to 60+. Is this an issue for you?
Please read the section about our raiding-style and loot rules thoroughly, as we have had people who got suprised a few times in the past.

We have very distinct meanings of farm raiders and progress raiders, and we require alot of our progress raiders as we strive to get heroic bosses down.
It sounds like you would like to be on the progress team, is that correct?

IF you're applying for progress raider, I have the following.
How would you will handle these following hypothetical scenarios:
After 30 wipes on a boss, I tell you to get those dispel/decurse done for the 5th time because you're just not doing it right.

We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. I give you constructive criticism and advice how to improve yourself, what do you do with it?
We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. Raid leader swaps you out for a stronger DPS. Is that fine with you?
If you're performing below average, and you want to be on progress raid team, I expect you to get your stuff together and improve your game.

You must be able to handle wiping over and over and keep up the good spirit. We don't tolerate emo-behaviour, neither in raids or in the guildchat in general.
We're aware that some DPS-specs are better than others, therefore we use raidbots/epeenbot to measure our players to make it fair. You must be in the 50%+ percentile when you're geared for it.
Most importantly, we just want to see improvement.

What's your current itemlevel?

Do you know anyone in Dreamweavers already?

How do you feel about addons? I see you don't use too many and unless you're some kind of demigod, you need others than the standard UI to survive and maintain high dps :)

Still interested? :)
Noesia
Noesia

Postby Thelir » 11 Feb 2014, 11:33

Have you read the raid rules and guild rules thoroughly? I have
Specifically that we're a family guild, most of the members are 30+, but we have players ranging from 15 to 60+. Is this an issue for you? Not at all, always been among an older crowd in wow.
Please read the section about our raiding-style and loot rules thoroughly, as we have had people who got suprised a few times in the past. I have, and I find it a nice way as you don't get to know the boss and it's nice finding things out as we go.

We have very distinct meanings of farm raiders and progress raiders, and we require alot of our progress raiders as we strive to get heroic bosses down.
It sounds like you would like to be on the progress team, is that correct? That is correct.

IF you're applying for progress raider, I have the following.
How would you will handle these following hypothetical scenarios:
After 30 wipes on a boss, I tell you to get those dispel/decurse done for the 5th time because you're just not doing it right. I'd do it right and if I can't do it, expect to be replaced.

We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. I give you constructive criticism and advice how to improve yourself, what do you do with it? I take it on and try to improve.
We lack DPS in the raid, you're performing below average. Raid leader swaps you out for a stronger DPS. Is that fine with you? Progression is the most important thing. I'll eventually get the boss down so if the raid team needs it to progress, that's fine. Standard raiding rules.
If you're performing below average, and you want to be on progress raid team, I expect you to get your stuff together and improve your game. That's standard.

You must be able to handle wiping over and over and keep up the good spirit. We don't tolerate emo-behaviour, neither in raids or in the guildchat in general. Don't think the term ''emo-behaviour'' is actually needed. But no, I am not immature and I know what comes with raiding.
We're aware that some DPS-specs are better than others, therefore we use raidbots/epeenbot to measure our players to make it fair. You must be in the 50%+ percentile when you're geared for it.
Most importantly, we just want to see improvement. That'll happen. I'm constantly improving.

What's your current itemlevel?549

Do you know anyone in Dreamweavers already? No

How do you feel about addons? I see you don't use too many and unless you're some kind of demigod, you need others than the standard UI to survive and maintain high dps :) I don't. Unless an addon can give me 50000 mastery, it's not an issue. It's just the way I play. I manage it like that. However, if you have any advice and would like me to try some things out, I will.

Still interested? :) Yes mate.
Thelir

Postby Noesia » 11 Feb 2014, 11:49

Hi Dylan thanks for your answers.

Sounds solid, we might have to debate the addons later though ;)

You're on trial effect immediately, catch an officer ingame for an invite.

I'll catch you in-game for a chat later.
Noesia
Noesia

Return to I want to join Dreamweavers!