Kalrell - Deathknight [ACCEPTED]

Apply to join the guild or our raid team

Kalrell - Deathknight [ACCEPTED]

Postby Kalrell » 18 Feb 2014, 23:07

About You

Name: Phil irl, Kalrell ingame
Character: Kalrell – The Maelstrom
Role applied for: Smashing the bosses ankles with weapons and spell type things :P (Melee)
Progress on legendary quest: Have Dps cloak, haven't afforded or needed tank cloak yet
Armoury Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ell/simple

Why do you want to join us and how did you know about us
I want a guild to raid with and had a brief break from wow that resulted in some blind “lets try it this way” raiding in another game, and that kind of following noses raiding appeals to me. I found you via your post on the Battle net forums: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8819592917

Tell us a bit about you?
I don't have much to tell, I don't have everything in life perfect atm, and WoW has been my escape from problems. :D

Recent previous guilds and why you left them?
My last raiding guild on my deathknight, Myst(now on draneor) had recruitment issues on Lightning's Blade, and one day decided to move servers with little regard to if all members wanted to move to that server, at the time I chose not to follow them and needed a break from the game.

When I returned I leveled and legendaryed a warlock and jumped between two guilds, one which expected members to be on voice chat all the time while playing which wasn't for me, and the second had a hostile atmosphere in their raids and I got thrust into their heroic mode runs instantly which quickly revealed that I'm better suited to my deathknight that I know inside out instead of my warlock which I struggling to survive at ranged.

What interests you in this game and why are you playing it?
I've been raiding since middle of TBC and I like seeing the primary story in this game via the raids and enjoy the striving to be the best dps character via reading on detailed theorycrafting and just from knowing my deathknight.

Do you understand that the following are required?
- A solid computer that is able to play the game with details turned up.
- An connection that doesn't cause you to lag or frequent disconnects.
- Control of your emotions and a guild first attitude.
- Oblige with raid rules.
Yep I am crystal clear

Raiding Schedule (invites start 15 minutes before)
- Thursday, 20:30 - 24:00 (25man)
- Sunday, 20:30 - 24:00 (25man)
- Tuesday, 20:30 - 24:00 (optional raid, can be flex, 10 man or 25 man)

Participation in at least 1 weekly raid (on average) is the bare minimum. How many of the above raids do you anticipate to be in, on average?
Aim to be arround to all of them, there might be an occasional family visit or something that might take me out of schedule, but that will be few and far between.

Experience

Briefly list your WoW raid experience. Only list progress that was done when it was current expansion, including the class you played them with.
- Vanilla: My first main was a druid, currently Kalrull on Lightning's Blade.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... ull/simple
I did very little raiding during classic due to only barely hitting max level before The Burning Crusade.
My only kills were one or two in MC and one or two in ZG.

- TBC: In tier 4:
Cleared Karazhan fully, killed Gruul and Magtheridon & cleared Zul Aman fully. Came very close to a bear run a few times but just barely off by a few seconds.
In tier 5:
Cleared 5/6 in SSC & 4/5 in TK prior to wrath nerfs.
In tier 6:
I cleared 4/5 in Mount Hyjal and unfortunately only 1 boss in Black temple before wrath nerfs.

- WotLK: In wrath I rerolled to my deathknight that I am applying with.
In tier 7:
Cleared Naxx 10&25.
Cleared Malygos 10&25.
Managed to kill Sartharion with 2 drakes alive in 10 man while it was current content, which I tanked as unholy spec (RIP Unholy & Frost tanks).

In tier 8:
Unfortunately my guild of many years collapsed two bosses into ulduar 25 man and I ended up not playing wow for the duration of this tier.

In tier 9:
Cleared ToGC10 with only 2 wipes.

In tier 10:
I managed to complete Glory of Icecrown raider on 10 man before cataclysm hit, although the guild leader disappeared shortly after that so didn't manage heroic Lich King or Halion.

- Cata: I swapped back to the above Kalrull on Lightning's Blade as mostly feral cat or occasional moonkin for the duration of tier 11.

Tier 11:
Managed to clear 6/13 on heroic..

Tier 12:
I swapped back to my deathknight close to 4.2
Managed to clear 6/7 on heroic both 10 and 25.

Tier 13:
Cleared 8/8 on heroic.

- MoP: Tier 14:
Cleared MSV on heroic.
3/6 in HoF heroic.
1/4 in ToES heroic
Tier 15:
12/12 normal modes.
1/12 heroic.
Tier 16:
I have had two runs of normal/heroic modes on my warlock currently Kalrell on Ravencrest.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... ell/simple
14/14 normal mode.
6/14 heroic mode.

What is your highest results in the Proving Grounds?
I haven't paid much attention to the Proving Grounds feature, I cleared silver dps mode on my warlock and at some point cleared bronze tank mode but haven't paid the feature much attention.

Have you complete any challenge modes on Gold?
I have 9/9 on my deathknight.

How do you see your role in raids? What abilities do you use and briefly describe your rotations/priority system.
My role is to do as much damage as possible without dying, dead dps do no dps after all. :D

There are currently 3 different deathknight dps specs, 2h Frost, Dual Wield Frost and Unholy.

2h Frost is all focused on using as many Obliterate strikes as possible and aiming to spend every rune for that strike, spending runic power on Frost Strike and hopefully avoiding spending Killing machine procs on Frost Strikes and hopefully spending them on Obliterate.

Dual Wield Frost is a wierder priority that uses the aoe Howling Blast spell as its main rune nuke along with a stronger Frost Strike, it aims to spend Killing Machine procs on Frost Strikes and sometimes aims to avoid Obliterate all together in favour of spending runes on Howling Blasts and Death and Decay/Plague Strike dot application.

Unholy is a more passive spec with fair amount of damage coming from pet attacks and stronger dots. Ability wise it uses Festering Strike to convert Frost and Blood runes into Death Runes for steady Scourge Strike use, and spending runic power on Death Coil, which empowers Timmy, and allows him to be transformed for a damage boost.

Explain in detail what talents and glyphs you are using and why.
Talents:
For raiding I primarily use Unholy Blight as a secondary dot applicator but might consider Roiling Blood for a heavy aoe situation as Unholy. I generally avoid Plague Leech since the rotation of removing dots just to want to reapply them again seems weird, but I might reconsider it at some point since it was buffed for 5.4.

For the second tier I would stick with Purgatory for the “I'm dead but healers have 3 second to save me!” survivability. I might consider AMZ if the team wanted it, but I understand its still not an amazing ability even after the 5.4 changes.

I generally stick to Death's Advance for the sprint unless the raid wants Chilblains snares or Asphyxiate stuns for particularly mechanics.

I like Death Siphon most of the time, as its the only ability in a Death Knights arsenal that can be used at 40 yards in case of occasions where theres massive distance between me and mobs, I can still at least throw out Siphons, better than nothing. I might consider Death Pact if theres a particular need of an encounter to heal for 50% after soaking something for example.

I generally stick with Blood Tap macroed with my runic power abilities, it provides the same good return of runes while returning them as death runes, which can be highly advantageous for DW Frost and Unholy.

The level 90 tier is another set of utility spells, in the past I swapped between Gorefiends and Remoreseless Winter loads depending on the fight.

Glyphs:
I use the new Loud Horn as its a straight up dps increase, 20 runic power is a Frost Strike, 10 runic power without the glyph isn't anything on its own.
I use the new Glyph of Regenerative Magic, since it reduces the cooldown on Anti-Magic Shell, which is actually a massive dps cooldown since damage absorbed turns into runic power.
My third major I would probablly swap arround depending on situation.
I keep Tranquil Grip and Army of the Dead glyphed in minors, to remove the taunts on both these abilities, so Death Grip can be used to help possition mobs without dying and so Army doesn't taunt all the non boss mobs in the raid.

Please post if applicable a recent WOL report for a raid or a raidbots link. In addition post a screenshot of your UI
Afraid I don't have a WoL link, haven't done any deathknight raiding for a while.
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/j4J2QEl.jpg
Kalrell

Re: Kalrell - Deathknight

Postby Zeilyn » 19 Feb 2014, 10:16

Thanks a lot for your application Phil,

It looks very nice. Stay tuned for any questions that might happen. I'll be online tonight for a chat - not during Arsenel vs Bayern though ;)
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Kalrell » 19 Feb 2014, 15:52

Thanks, looking forward to any questions. :D

I also want to add that I am rushing this char though lfrs and flexs as much as possible since I just started back gearing this char, and I am therefore having many new items drop that might not stay for too long, so you might see some weird ungemmed/chant/forged items since they are dropping like flies atm.
Kalrell

Postby Francker » 19 Feb 2014, 17:34

I think the only question should be when can you join? :)
Francker

Postby CLS » 19 Feb 2014, 23:53

Awesome application!

I smiled at the fact that you're standing IN FRONT of the target dummy. ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
CLS

Postby Kalrell » 19 Feb 2014, 23:55

To answer Francker's question, as soon as gold comes from a AH sale, will be pressing the button on transferring. :)

Yeah I just ran upto a target dummy to smash it so combat UI would appear. ;)
Kalrell

Postby CLS » 20 Feb 2014, 00:10

Kalrell wrote:Yeah I just ran upto a target dummy to smash it so combat UI would appear. ;)

I figured it was something like that. :) Your app shows you know your stuff.
Image Image Image Image Image
CLS

Postby Zeilyn » 20 Feb 2014, 00:17

Accepted on the raid roster as prospect. Welcome to the raid team.
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Deathcherry » 20 Feb 2014, 14:36

nice application, and welcome ! :D
Deathcherry

Return to I want to join Dreamweavers!