Lixxi - Spriest [FRIEND]

Postby Lixxi » 12 Mar 2014, 01:28

About You

Name: Tommy
Character: Lixxi SPriest
Role applied for: Ranged
Progress on legendary quest: Fully completed
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... xxi/simple

Why do you want to join us and how did you know about us?
After an online chat with Zeilyn i decided to go for this guild as i was looking for a mature and fun semi progress guild for normals, then HC. I got to know your guild when Zeilyn contacted me in game!

Tell us a bit about you?
I am a 28 year old male Nowegian with two cats, Khaleesi and Cersei. I started playing wow again mid-december 2013, so my account is quite fresh.
I live alone, after a recent split-up with ex-girlfriend, so i decided to take the time i have to finally do something i was a bit scared of doing before. Raiding!
I dont drink, or smoke, and is basicly a grown up now (ugh). Can at times be a little selfish and keep gold farming tips for myself!
I do speak my mind, and i dont let myself be pushed around.

Recent previous guilds and why you left them?
Soul Haven - They dont have a team for progress, often people didnt show up, some players were not really geared up for normals and it wasnt really any progress because of that. I needed something more, but nothing hardcore

What interests you in this game and why are you playing it?
The open free world that never seems to run out of things to do! Its grown to be part of my daily routine.

Do you understand that the following are required?
- A solid computer that is able to play the game with details turned up.
- An connection that doesn't cause you to lag or frequent disconnects.
- Control of your emotions and a guild first attitude.
- Oblige with raid rules.
More than enough computer to play this game. I am in a process of getting 25/25m fiber net, date is unknown as of yet. currently on a 16/0.5m broadband that is for the most part fine. Last is a good check! : )

Raiding Schedule (invites start 15 minutes before)
- Thursday, 20:30 - 24:00 (25man)
- Sunday, 20:30 - 24:00 (25man)
- Tuesday, 20:30 - 24:00 (optional raid, can be flex, 10 man or 25 man)

Participation in at least 1 weekly raid (on average) is the bare minimum. How many of the above raids do you anticipate to be in, on average?
At the time, i can attend all of the raids. I cannot predict the future, but i dont see anything comming up anytime soon that wil change this.

Experience

Briefly list your WoW raid experience. Only list progress that was done when it was current expansion, including the class you played them with.
- Vanilla: Didnt play
- TBC: Didnt play
- WotLK: Pugs on ICC, never got anywhere far. Spriest
- Cata: LFR on DS, some pugs. Quit when Diablo 3 came out. Spriest
- MoP: Started fresh account mid-december 2013. Have done all flex and 4/14 SoO normal. Spriest

What is your highest results in the Proving Grounds?
I dont think i have tried it yet

Have you complete any challenge modes on Gold?
No yet

How do you see your role in raids? What abilities do you use and briefly describe your rotations/priority system.
As a pure dps with self support, no raid support. Halo at range. MF til most procs. Pots. Then DP if 3 orbs, MB on cooldown,Deathon 20%, VT, Pain, MF as filler/nothing to do, Shadowfiend on CD. VE on heavy hitting parts on bosses, self shield if needed, self prayer of mending at damage heavy figts (blackfuse). Fade when high threath. Self levitate on air knock encounters. Dispersion as a mana regen or panic button. I am slow on interupts and never use mass dispel (sorry)

Explain in detail what talents and glyphs you are using and why.
Void Tendrils for situational assistance, e.g over pull or rooting mines on blackfuse
Angelic feathers as a max speed increase that i pre-place. Prison on Sha of Pride, Engineer on Garrosh, so on. May change to body and soul
Solace and Insanity for milking dps
Spectral guise for extra panic button on high add threats
Twist of fate for less GCD waste on other abilityes (MB if using Divine insight, or "trinket" if using Power infusion
Halo for highest dps with range and cooldown. Could change to divine star, but have not really tried it

Please post if applicable a recent WOL report for a raid or a raidbots link. In addition post a screenshot of your UI
I dont think i have any reports, but here is a screenshot of ui: http://imageshack.com/a/img27/966/cdar.jpg
Lixxi

Re: Lixxi - Spriest

Postby Zeilyn » 12 Mar 2014, 08:37

Hi Tommy, and thanks for your application.

Your raid experience ain't in your favor but everything else looks good. We spoke in game, and you seemed very willing to make an effort to be on par with our dps peoples, so I'm willing to give you a raider trial spot. Lets see what Noesia says, our ranged dps captain.

Got a couple of questions

1) Do you use any kind of proc tracker, such as weakauras, and dot strength tracker, such as affdots? As SP, it's rather important to track trinket procs and apply SWP and VT when a proc comes and if it's a long proc, you most likely want to reapply dots again before the proc expires.

2) What is the reason for going into raiding, and what is the reasons why you think it will keep your long term attention ?

3) How do you cats manage to get along ? I would assume they'd kill each other on sight with dem names.
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Noesia » 12 Mar 2014, 11:44

Hi Lixxi.

Thanks for your application.

Zeilyn already asked you about addons. We have a few addons that a mandatory - for DPS'ers you should be using weakauras or TellMeWhen for proctracking.

Zeilyn mentions that your raiding experience is not working in your favor, but there's a way to make up for that.

Our experience is that people who can claim Brawlers Guild rank 10 and Proving Grounds Endless wave 10, knows their game (or has learned it while getting those 2 things settled).
It would be very beneficial for both you, in terms of passing the trial, and us, in terms of getting a good player, if you could get those sorted in the beginning of your trial.

We are fully aware of any balance issues from spec to spec, but you will mainly be measured on survivability and after that, DPS compaing your score on some specifik bosses on raidbots (epeenbot, dpsbot).
Noesia
Noesia

Postby Lixxi » 12 Mar 2014, 13:54

Zeilyn wrote:Hi Tommy, and thanks for your application.

Your raid experience ain't in your favor but everything else looks good. We spoke in game, and you seemed very willing to make an effort to be on par with our dps peoples, so I'm willing to give you a raider trial spot. Lets see what Noesia says, our ranged dps captain.

Got a couple of questions

1) Do you use any kind of proc tracker, such as weakauras, and dot strength tracker, such as affdots? As SP, it's rather important to track trinket procs and apply SWP and VT when a proc comes and if it's a long proc, you most likely want to reapply dots again before the proc expires.

2) What is the reason for going into raiding, and what is the reasons why you think it will keep your long term attention ?

3) How do you cats manage to get along ? I would assume they'd kill each other on sight with dem names.

1. I have an addon named raven for all buffs, debufs, dot-tracking that lists up each mob affected by snare and dot/debuff as well as item cooldown.
And i have the addon extraCD that displays all my proc items with cooldown timer and glows bright when active. Very easy to keep track of when stuff goes on/off.
And i have, ofcourse, halopro with sound warning for range check.

2. The game is fun, but so far ive been missing out on the those real moments when downing a hard boss or clearing content with likeminded people. To feel the accomplishment and joy of teamwork which is a big part of any MMO and should be experienced at its proper time, and not as a "transmog run" when its old content.
As for long term attention, i started playing again just for the reason of getting into a raiding guild. But as ive been saying, its not my time to do any HC or do anything at a top-notch game level. I'd just like to start raiding on normal to build up the needed experience and to learn more about my class in order to reach my goal, which is to some day start HC-progress.

I do have to mention this again, as i feel its important to me and my current game-level, that i cant jump into anything hardcore. I do get the feeling that your guild is serious when it come to raids, and nothing wrong with that, i just dont want to waste anyones time by not meet up to any high-end level of raiding expectations.
This is important to solve out before any steps are taken further, as it will save both parties alot of trouble and missunderstanding and ultimatly ends with me needing to find a less "hardcore" guild early in my trial period!

I do hope i make myself understandable, it wont benefit any of us if im not on par with your goal/expertise on current game content. In that case you may have lots and lots of better suited players elsewhere : p
Luckily, we are just on my application for now so if you are having any regrets or have doubts about my goals/performance as a raider, you shouldnt feel bad for reconsidering me as a member. Just throwing it in there. I fully understand that sometimes last minute changes happens! : )

3. They have their moments of warfare, usually when i go to sleep, but for the most time they seem to get along and just sleep things out during the day : p
Lixxi

Postby Zeilyn » 12 Mar 2014, 14:13

Thanks a lot for some very complete answers :)

I agree with your last sentiments, it's best for both parties avoid taking in players that are not a good fit. But - I do however think you are a good fit, especially considering your answers to question 1. In some aspects, we lean more to the hardcore side of raiding, in others we don't.

We don't expect you to perform top notch out of the box. You'll be given time, and if you are only comfortable with normal mode raiding for now, that is fine as well, no worries we can still fit you in.

I think it's best to have a talk over teamspeak to proceed as that will make it easier to manage expectation.
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Noesia » 12 Mar 2014, 15:30

Hi Lixxi.

Thanks alot for your answers.

Our requirements for progression raiders and normal raiders are off course very different. If your intensions for the moment are normal raiding, don't get scared off :)
We invite all our members with enough gear to join our normal raids, I'm sure you will fit in nicely untill you feel ready to take on heroic raiding.

I don't think we see ourselves as hardcore at all, but we expect people to focus, to play well and to be prepared when we do progression raiding.

Our guild is in general alot more than raiding, but we recruit most of our members through raiding :)

I think a chat on TS as Zeilyn suggested is the best way forward.
Noesia
Noesia

Postby Lixxi » 12 Mar 2014, 20:52

I have installed TS and i am ready to have a chat with you.
What is the info? : )
Lixxi

Postby Zeilyn » 12 Mar 2014, 21:07

I'm working very late tonight, so won't be able to TS before Friday :( Maybe Noesia can, don't know.
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Postby Lixxi » 12 Mar 2014, 22:38

Thats not a problem : )
I did servertransfer last night after our ingame talk, so i am at least one step forward : )
Lixxi

Postby Zeilyn » 14 Mar 2014, 13:56

I'm available tonight, maybe around 9 server time , what about you Tommy ? If yes, bring your friend Brexy along for the chat :)
Zeilyn
Site Admin

Next

Return to I want to join Dreamweavers!